Tuscarora 

                                                      r/C FLYING CLUB 
                                                                                                                                                                      ama CHARTER #574 

Tuscarora RC Club Minutes

From July 5, 2016 meeting. 16 members were present.

President Walt Basiago called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM at the club flying field.

Joe St Onge led the members in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.

President Walt Basiago asked for the minutes to be read. The minutes from the June 2016 meeting were read. Bernie Wargo made a motion to accept the minutes as read. Brad Yachimowski seconded the motion.

Kathy Basiago gave the Treasurer’s Report. Bob Greenall made a motion to accept the treasurer’s report as read. Larry Smith seconded the motion.


Old Business

Club Picnic


The club picnic that had been scheduled for June was called off due to poor weather conditions. Walt asked if the members were interested in trying again to hold a picnic. A show of hands indicated that there was interest. Members attending the meeting selected July 24 weather permitting. Walt stated the picnic will start at 10 AM. The club will provide hamburgers, hot dogs, soda, and water. The members attending the picnic are welcome to bring a covered dish.

Porta-a-Potty

Members indicated that the unit is not being cleaned regularly and now the handle is completely broken off. As the unit has not been serviced properly after several calls to Biros, we will be looking for another provider.

Parking Lot Condition

The Park Office was contacted regarding to holes in the parking lot again. They will get to it as time permits. Joe St Onge suggested we have several loads of stone brought in. The consensus was that the delay in fixing the holes is due to the fact that the state budget needs to be passed.

New Business

New Members

Bob Greenall stated that the two new members, Stephen and Kyle King, were checked out by Jim Dunn and himself. He indicated that the members did not have membership cards. Walt Basiago checked for more cards but found there was only one left. He will have more cards made up. He will look into having a generic membership card made up. This will provide for a supply of cards to be used from year to year.

Intro Pilot Program

Larry Smith asked to be included in the program. Walt Basiago will submit the paperwork.


Aerorama

Walt Basiago stated that workers are needed for Aerorama. We need members to fly, cook, work the gate, and work impound. Walt asked each member present if they could contribute some time to the event. If anyone knows any flyers, please invite them to Aerorama to be held August 21 at the club field. Bob Greenall did invite the guys from Moonlake. Walt made mention that we will have some competition as Hazleton Airport has a full scale show that weekend.

Drone Notice

Walt made reference to an email indicating that drones are not to fly near wildfires. The question was asked if anyone had heard more on the status of the FAA registration and rules. Larry Smith indicated that his impression was that the FAA ruled to follow the AMA suggestions.


As there was no more business to be discussed, Tim Vincent made a motion to adjourn. Bob Greenall seconded the motion. President Walt Basiago adjourned the meeting at 7:26 PM.


Respectfully,

Kathryn Basiago
     Club Secretary