Removal of Membership:
A) Consistent noncompliance with AMA and club rules and regulations and Tuscarora
State Park rules and regulations.
B) Deliberate abuse or theft of club property or flying site property
C) Deliberate abuse or theft of club property member’s property including frequency
D) Nonpayment of club or AMA dues
E) Any action that could cause liability or loss of privileges of the club or its members.
A) Formal written complaint must be lodged with the club officers.
B) The Club Officers will meet with all parties involved to hear the complaint and response
to the complaint.
C) The officers will deliberate a decision in a Closed Session
D) Club Officers will deliver a decision in writing to the parties involved within seven days
of the meeting by the club officers.
E) All members shall be advised of the decision at the next regularly scheduled meeting.
ARTICLE IV: Dues
1. The amount of dues or penalty for late payment of dues, shall be recommended by the
Club Officers and affirmed by the majority of membership present and voting at any regular
meeting, and will be recorded in meeting minutes.
2. Dues shall be due no later than January 31st to avoid penalty.
3. Any member more than thirty days delinquent in paying their dues shall be removed from
membership. A member removed for non-payment of dues can be reinstated only with full
payment of current dues and any initiation fee that might be in effect at that time.
4. All dues collected shall be entered into the books of the Club for general use and are NOT
REFUNDABLE unless the member is REMOVED by the MEMBERSHIP, in which case the
unused pro-rata amount shall be refunded.
ARTICLE V: Offices
1. The elected club officers shall be:
A) President B) Vice President C) Secretary / Treasurer
2. Should the responsibility of the Secretary / Treasurer become too much for one person the
office may be split into two office by proper election.
ARTICLE VI: Officers
1. Officers for the following calendar year shall be nominated in November and voted (with
paper ballot if necessary) by a majority of the general members at the December meeting
following the nominations. A) A committee of (3) three regular members shall be appointed
by the present Officers to serve as the Ballot Committee to count the votes for the election
of club Officers.
2. The business affairs of the club shall be managed by the Club Officers, minimum of (3) three in
number, who shall be general members of the club
3. A majority of the Club Officers shall be necessary to constitute a quorum for the transaction of
4. The Officers may declare vacant the office of a fellow Officer if he is declared of unsound
mind by an order of the court or is convicted of a felony.
ARTICLE VII: Officer Duties
The President shall be the executive officer of the club and shall preside at all meetings. He/She
shall be the spokesperson for the club. He/She shall appoint standing and special committees
and chairman as required. He is an ex officio member of all committees. In the case of a tie vote,
he/she shall cast the deciding vote.
2. Vice President
The Vice-President shall assist the President in all matters and shall assume the duties of the
President if, for any reason, the President is not able to perform his duties. He/she shall be
responsible for all social events of the club.
The Secretary shall keep accurate minutes of the club's proceedings. The secretary shall
record meeting attendance and shall keep up-to-date records of all members. The Treasurer
shall have charge of all the funds of the club and shall keep accurate record of all monies
received and dispersed. The treasurer shall present to the membership an annual report at the
first meeting of each year. The Treasurer shall maintain records in such a manner so they may be
opened for inspection at any time. The Treasured shall make a report of the financial condition of
the club at all meetings.
ARTICLE VIII: Petty Cash Fund and Expenditures
1. Petty Cash Fund:
There is hereby established a petty cash fund under the control and direction of the Club
President. The fund shall consist of a sum less than one hundred dollars ( $100.00 ) and be
utilized for routine field maintenance and day to day necessary expenditures of the club. The
President shall provide a monthly report of any expenditure from the petty cash fund to the
club members present at the next regular club meeting. 2. Any expenditure of one hundred
dollars ($100.00) or more shall require approval of the club members present at a regular
monthly meeting prior to the expenditure. Approval shall be obtained by making a motion at a
regular meeting to permit the expenditure and by a majority of the club members present at the
meeting voting in favor of the motion.
ARTICLE IX: Vacancies
1. If the Office of an Officer becomes vacant for any reason, his successor will be nominated
and voted upon by paper ballot at the next scheduled meeting.
ARTICLE X: Membership Certificates
1. Cards indicating membership and payment of dues shall be in the form and style as
determined by the club Officers.
2. Cards shall be signed by the Secretary / Treasurer and shall bear the Club seal.
ARTICLE XI: Amendments
1. By-laws may be adopted, amended or repealed by the vote of a majority of the members
present at any regular monthly meeting.
ARTICLE I: Name and Purpose
1. The Club shall be known as the TUSCARORA RADIO CONTROL FLYING CLUB
located at a leased field in the Tuscarora State Park.
2. The purpose of the club is to further the development, building and operation of
static and flying model aircraft as a hobby and a sport.
ARTICLE II: Office and Terms
1. The location or principal address of the club for mailing purposes shall be
determined by the BOARD of DIRECTORS. If no board of directors exists, the
club Officers shall have sole authority. 2. The term of existence shall be in eternity.
ARTICLE III: Membership
1. Membership in this club shall be open to all upon application, payment of dues
and initiation fee, who show a genuine interest in model aircraft, who are of good
moral character, and who are MEMBERS in good standing of THE ACADEMY OF MODEL
AERONAUTICS (AMA). A) After an individual uses the club field (6) six times for the
purposes of flying, he, she shall be asked to join the club.
Types of Membership:
A) General Membership is entitled to all rights and privileges without limitation.
Must be 18 year of age or older
B) Junior Member is a member under the age of 18 who is entitled to all rights and
privileges expect voting.
C) Each prospective member must submit the proper club application,
completed in its entirety.
D) The secretary shall furnish every new member with a copy of the clubs bylaws,
field rules and regulations as well as a key to the frequency box.
E) All club members shall sign an application as to having read and understood Club
by-laws, field rules, and regulations and AMA regulations.
Requirements of All Members:
A) Each member shall be responsible for conduct and policing of any area where
the member flies.
B) Any member seeing club property being misused shall do his utmost to halt such
C) Each member, upon request, should render any advice or assistance needed to
D) To the best of their ability, every member is expected to support all activities of
E) ALL members must abide by the Club rules and are subject to discipline
recommended by the Officers and a majority vote of the club members present.