Article IV: Dues
1. The amount of dues or penalty for late payment of dues, shall be recommended by
the Club Officers and affirmed by the majority of membership present and voting at any
regular meeting, and will be recorded in meeting minutes.
2. Dues shall be due no later than January 31st to avoid penalty.
3. Any member more than thirty days delinquent in paying their dues shall be removed
from membership. A member removed for non-payment of dues can be reinstated
only with full payment of current dues and any initiation fee that might be in effect at
4. All dues collected shall be entered into the books of the Club for general use and
are NOT REFUNDABLE unless the member is REMOVED by the MEMBERSHIP, in which
case the unused pro-rata amount shall be refunded.
Article V: Offices
1. The elected club officers shall be:
B) Vice President
C) Secretary / Treasurer
2. Should the responsibility of the Secretary / Treasurer become too much
for one person the office may be split into two office by proper election.
ARTICLE VI: Officers
1. Officers for the following calendar year shall be nominated in
November and voted (with paper ballot if necessary) by a majority of the
general members at the December meeting following the nominations.
A) A committee of (3) three regular members shall be appointed by the present Officers to serve as the Ballot Committee to count the
votes for the election of club Officers.
2. The business affairs of the club shall be managed by the Club Officers, minimum
of (3) three in number, who shall be general members of the club.
3. A majority of the Club Officers shall be necessary to constitute a quorum for the
transaction of business.
4. The Officers may declare vacant the office of a fellow Officer if he is declared of
unsound mind by an order of the court or is convicted of a felony.
Article VII: Officer Duties
The President shall be the executive officer of the club and shall preside at all meetings. He shall be the spokesperson for the club. He shall appoint standing and
special committees and chairman as required. He is an ex officio member of all
committees. In the case of a tie vote, he shall cast the deciding vote.
The Vice-President shall assist the President in all matters and shall assume the
duties of the President if, for any reason, the President is not able to perform his
duties. He shall be responsible for all social events of the club.
The Secretary shall keep accurate minutes of the club's proceedings. The
secretary shall record meeting attendance and shallkeep up-to-date records of
The Treasurer shall have charge of all the funds of the club and shall keep
accurate record of all monies received and dispersed. The treasurer shall
present to the membership an annual report at the first meeting of each year. The
Treasurer shall maintain records in such a manner so they may be opened for
inspection at any time. The Treasured shall make a report of the
financial condition of the club at all meetings.
ARTICLE I: Name and Purpose
1. The Club shall be known as the TUSCARORA RADIO CONTROL FLYING CLUB
located at a leased field in the Tuscarora State Park.
2. The purpose of the club is to further the development, building and
operation of static and flying model aircraft as a hobby and a sport.
ARTICLE II: Office and Terms
1. The location or principal address of the club for mailing purposes shall be
determined by the BOARD of DIRECTORS. If no board of directors exists, the
club Officers shall have sole authority.
2. The term of existence shall be in eternity.
ARTICLE III: Membership
1. Membership in this club shall be open to all upon application, payment of dues
and initiation fee, who show a genuine interest in model aircraft, who are of
good moral character, and who are MEMBERS in good standing of THE
ACADEMY OF MODEL AERONAUTICS (AMA).
A) After an individual uses the club field (6) six times for the
purposes of flying, he, she shall be asked to join the club.
2.Types of Membership:
A) General Membership is entitled to all rights and privileges without
limitation. Must be 18 year of age or older
B) Junior Member is a member under the age of 18 who is entitled to
all rights and privileges expect voting.
C) Each prospective member must submit the proper club application,
completed in its entirety.
D) The secretary shall furnish every new member with a copy of the
clubs bylaws, field rules and regulations as well as a key to the
E) All club members shall sign an application as to having read and
understood Club by-laws, field rules, and regulations and AMA
3. Requirements of All Members:
A) Each member shall be responsible for conduct and policing of any
area where the member flies.
B) Any member seeing club property being misused shall do his
utmost to halt such action.
C) Each member, upon request, should render any advice or assistance
needed to any modeler.
D) To the best of their ability, every member is expected to support all
activities of the club.
E) ALL members must abide by the Club rules and are subject to
discipline recommended by the Officers and a majority vote of the club
A) Consistent noncompliance with AMA and club rules and regulations
and Tuscarora State Park rules and regulations.
B) Deliberate abuse or theft of club property or flying site property
C) Deliberate abuse or theft of club property member’s property
including frequency nterference.
D) Nonpayment of club or AMA dues
E) Any action that could cause liability or loss of privileges of the club
or it's members.
5. Infraction-Complaint Procedures:
A) Formal written complaint must be lodged with the club officers.
B) The Club Officers will meet with all parties involved to hear the
complaint and response to the complaint.
C) The officers will deliberate a decision in a Closed Session
D) Club Officers will deliver a decision in writing to the parties involved
within seven days of the meeting by the club officers. All members
shall be advised of the decision at the next regularly scheduled meeting.
ARTICLE VIII: Petty Cash Fund and Expenditures
1. Petty Cash Fund:
There is hereby established a petty cash fund under the control and direction of the
Club President. The fund shall consist of a sum less than one hundred dollars
( $100.00 ) and be utilized for routine field maintenance and day to day necessary
expenditures of the club. The President shall provide a monthly report of any
expenditure from the petty cash fund to the club members present at the next regular
2. Any expenditure of one hundred dollars ($100.00) or more shall require approval of the
club members present at a regular monthly meeting prior to the expenditure. Approval
shall be obtained by making a motion at a regular meeting to permit the expenditure and
by a majority of the club members present at the meeting voting in favor of the motion.
ARTICLE IX: Vacancies
1. If the Office of an Officer becomes vacant for any reason, his successor will be
nominated and voted upon by paper ballot at the next scheduled meeting.
ARTICLE X: Membership Certificates
1. Cards indicating membership and payment of dues shall be in the form and style as
determined by the club Officers.
2. Cards shall be signed by the Secretary / Treasurer and shall bear the Club seal.
ARTICLE XI: Amendments
1. By-laws may be adopted, amended or repealed by the vote of a majority of the
members present at any regular monthly meeting.